Equipped with a user friendly software, the new Hamilton PCR setup Workstation combines the intuitive approach of a manually created PCR with the benefits of automation, doing the cumbersome work in the background.
With several platform sizes ranging from benchtop automation with the NIMBUS 4 instruments to highly demanding automation with the STARline liquid handling instruments, all your needs and throughputs can be addressed.
- Reaction setup for a wide range of PCR types in 96 and 384 PCR plate format but also strips or even rotor discs
- Quick PCR setup, from simple two step reactions (templates + ready- to-use Master Mixes) up to 4 steps with separate primers, enzyme mixes and optional dilution step
- Advanced PCR setup with up to 7 PCR components/steps and completely free PCR plate design
- Normalization of input samples within a range of 1/10000 to required target concentration
- Multiplexing, by pipetting up to four primer mixes, can also be used to pipette different PCR reagents such as internal controls, etc.
- Master Mix preparation in reaction with up to 6 components
- LIMS integration possible
- Highly flexible and user friendly system for a wide range of PCR types and applications
- Full reagent and labware flexibility, no supplier limitation
- Reagent saving pipetting
- Time saving due to reusable protocols and optional on deck PCR cycler (ODTC) integration
- Traceability of all input parameters through the whole setup process
The PCR setup Workstation combines both the sample normalization and the PCR setup step in one system.
Optionally up- and downstream processes such as sample quantification or PCR on- or off-deck can be implemented as add-ons.
The deck layout and deck equipment are flexible and can be chosen according to the individual requirements of your assays. For further information please visit the Hamilton Microlab STARline Accessories section on this website.
In order to automate the PCR step on the instrument, Inheco's thermal cycler ODTC can be integrated on deck. In addition off-deck integration of several endpoint and real-time thermal cyclers is possible.
PCR setup STARlet
The PCR setup STARlet is available in 4 configurations, with 4 or 8 independent 1 ML pipetting channels and as manual load or autoload versions (with included barcode scanner).
PCR setup Software
The PCR setup software includes three different functions, two for PCR setup (quick/advanced assay design) and one for sample normalization. Each function can be purchased separately. The software can be used for implementation on the larger platforms STAR and STARplus and also for upgrading existing systems in the field.
PCR setup STARlet