Automated Sample and Compound Management System
Verso is a modular automated sample storage system that can be easily configured to meet the needs of the most demanding compound and sample management applications at temperatures from ambient to minus 20°C.
Flexible Compound Storage System
With its quick processing speeds, Verso allows more time to be spent on science instead of manual, labor-intensive tasks. Furthermore, the system can be run day and night without supervision, allowing users to run jobs after hours to maximize productivity during the day.
Verso handles a wide range of labware types, including tubes, vials, and plates, to accommodate current and future workflows. Additionally, the system can be expanded modularly to grow with future storage needs.
Verso Minus 20°C Freezer Features and Benefits
High-Throughput Tube Picking
- Processing speeds up to 1,500 tubes/hour* and over 170 plates/hour*
- A Universal Picker provides the ability to pick multiple labware types with different diameters in one picker module
- A 96-Tube Picker-Puncher provides the ability to pick and punch tubes in the same module
*Processing speeds reflect the whole process, from order submission to retrieval.
User-Friendly Design Features
- Automated Input/Output module door that allows users to load racks of samples without needing a free hand to open the system door
- Up to 100 racks can be placed into the Input/Output (I/O) module at once
- Optional active thawing module allows users to retrieve samples ready for pipetting by eliminating the time-consuming manual thawing step
- Automated integration with liquid handling workstations such as Microlab STAR and Microlab VANTAGE Liquid Handling System, and other laboratory automation devices
Modular Storage System
- Configure the system to current needs and expand the system in the field to accommodate future storage requirements
- Smaller configurations—S1 SE and M1 SE—fit into small laboratory spaces
INSTINCT S Software
- Run daily operations with only three clicks
- Operate the system with minimal training
- Set up automated inventory, access control, and full audit trails
- Use the powerful Application Programming Interface (API) to interact directly with LIMS
- Connect sample management software, such as Mosaic or LabWare LIMS, using drivers from the software providers
- Use the powerful API to run any jobs in Verso using your LIMS system
- The RESTful-based API uses the same technology as any internet browser, making the Verso API easy to integrate
- The flexibility of the Verso API allows basic integrations, which can be set up quickly, to in-depth integrations, where the LIMS can control additional parameters of Verso and the job management
- Mosaic, LabWare LIMS, Labvantage, and many custom LIMS systems have integrated Verso API, and the list continues to grow
Transport Samples Quickly Using the Sample Cart
The Sample Cart transports samples quickly and efficiently around your laboratory. It is a user-friendly option that allows users to avoid manually carrying large quantities of samples, and it extends the ease-of-use of Hamilton Storage's systems to the whole laboratory. The Sample Cart's shelves are made up of trays that slide in and out. The trays, which need to be purchased separately, hold standard SBS-footprint racks.
- Stores 20 trays holding up to 100 standard SBS-footprint racks
- Two front-opening doors keep samples securely inside during transport
- Comes fully assembled
- Saves time by transporting racks in large quantities
- Reduces the hassle of multiple trips
- Whole trays can be loaded into Verso
In addition to a wide range of standard configurations, Hamilton offers customized solutions to meet your more unique and demanding requirements. From small modifications to large integrated systems that simplify your entire process, our experts are glad to help.
Verso Resource Center
The Resource Center is your one-stop shop for learning more about the Verso minus 20°C automated sample storage system.
Download the Verso product brochure, view our case study, or register for an upcoming webinar.
Verso Minus 20°C Lab Freezer Specifications
|Height||2.3 m to 4.8 m|
(7.55 ft to 15.75 ft)
|Width||2.2 m to 2.4 m (7.22 ft to 7.87 ft)|
|Length||2.5 m to 22.5 m|
(8.20 ft to 73.81 ft)
|Temperature Range||Ambient to -20°C|
|Internal Atmosphere||Ambient, dry air, or inert (Nitrogen)|
|I/O Capacity||Up to 100 racks|
|Barcode Reader||1D and 2D for racks, plates and tubes|
|0.3 mL (screw cap)||264K to 18.8M|
|1.4 mL (DuraSeal)||143K to 10.2M|
|1 dram vials||35K to 3.1M|
|Shallow-well plates||3K to 189K|
*Example labware used. Verso is capable of storing almost any SBS-format labware.
Service & Support
Consult with Hamilton Storage to Automate your Sample Management Workflow
Need help understanding how automation can help your laboratory? Our team is dedicated to understanding your requirements to find the best solution to meet your goals.Contact Us