Automated Screw Cap Capper and 2D Barcode Tube Reader
all-in-one I.D. Capper enables labs to combine both automated tube capping and decapping with high-speed
barcode reading within one device without any additional hardware. This automated capper is specifically designed to eliminate sample contamination and assist with
sample tracking during end-to-end automated liquid handling processing. Easily
swap heads to cap or decap tubes in 24-, 48-, and 96-format tube racks, all
on a single device.
Features of the I.D. Tube Capper
- Cap or decap only tubes needed—all rows, selected rows or columns, or partial racks
- Tube capper can process tubes in portrait or landscape format within one device
- Capper can be operated as a standalone device or integrated with a Microlab VANTAGE Liquid Handling System or third-party robotic arm
- Hamilton cappers can easily swap decapping heads to decap tubes in 24-, 48-, and 96-format tube racks
- Built-in Secure Mode ensures an optimal seal during capping to eliminate cross threading
- Minimize the time a tube is open using optional Row Loop Mode—only one row is processed at a time by holding caps after decapping and immediately recapping
- Single button execution of 1D and 2D scan and automatic upload of barcode information to LIMS
New Capper Feature: 6-Channel Head
- Hamilton automated capping machines enable use of 24-format tubes in addition to 48- and 96-format tubes
- Caps and decaps a wide variety of internally or externally threaded tubes and vials
- Allows laboratories to work with tube volumes and types of caps that are most appropriate for their specific needs
The Resource Center is your one-stop shop for learning more about our line of LabElite automated benchtop devices.
Here you can download the LabElite product brochure or view an informative infographic. You can also register for a webinar, dig through our comprehensive automated liquid handling guide, or download the "How Automation Puts a Cap on Laboratory Disruptions" eBook.
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||600 mm x 380 mm x 440 mm|
(23.6 in x 15.0 in x 17.3 in)
|Supported Labware||Microtubes: 0.25 mL–1.4 mL |
Hamilton, FluidX, Greiner, LVL, Matrix, Micronic, Nunc, and Nalgene*
|Cryovials: 1 mL–10 mL** |
FluidX, Greiner, LVL, Micronic, Nunc, Nalgene, and Oragene.DNA (600 Series)
|Supported 1D Barcodes||2/5 Industrial / Interleaved, Code 39, Code 128, Pharmacode, Codabar, EAN 13|
|Supported 2D Barcodes||Datamatrix ECC 200, PDF417, QR Code|
|Camera||10 megapixel CMOS|
|Connection Interface||Ethernet for integration|
|Recommended PC||Windows 7 64-bit (required), 2.8 GHz Core 2.0 Duo, 3GB RAM, 250GB HD, 16x DVD+/-RW|
|Communication||One USB 2.0 port for the camera connection|
*Others available upon request.
**Contact Hamilton for specific tube compatibility.
Consult with Hamilton Storage to Automate your Sample Management Workflow
Need help understanding how automation can help your laboratory? Our team is dedicated to understanding your requirements to find the best solution to meet your goals.Contact Us