Pioneers in Reliable Cannabis Testing
The demands for timely, accurate cannabis test results are more significant than ever as demand rises and regulations continue to evolve. Hamilton provides precision-driven automated liquid handling workstations to ease testing bottlenecks in a cost-effective manner, along with industry experts to help labs navigate the changing cannabis regulation landscape.
Automation Solutions for the Cannabis Industry
Analysis of 47 Pesticides in Cannabis for High-Throughput Analysis: Traditional dSPE vs. Positive Pressure dSPE in a 96-Well PlateThis study examines using a QuEChERS (Quick, Easy, Cheap, Effective, Rugged and Safe) extraction approach coupled with either traditional dispersive-Solid Phase Extraction (dSPE) clean up versus UCT’s dSPE clean up in 96-well plate format using Hamilton’s [MPE]2 — automated positive pressure extraction and evaporation module — for the analysis of 47 pesticides in marijuana. This analysis demonstrates that for most compounds investigated, the high-throughput cleanup method exhibits comparable results to traditional dSPE cleanup.
High-Throughput Filtration Using the [MPE]2 for Cannabinoid AnalysisIn this study, an automated high-throughput filtration method, using the [MPE]2 — Monitored Multi-flow, Positive Pressure Evaporative Extraction module — from Hamilton Robotics, was evaluated for cannabinoid analysis in multiple matrices.
Automation of the SenSATIVAx Sample Extraction and PathoSEEK or FemINDICAtor qPCR Setup Platforms on the Microlab NIMBUSIn this case study, we demonstrate automated workflows using Medicinal Genomics (MGC) assays specifically developed for cannabis testing. The SenSATIVAx Plant/Microbial DNA Purification Kit provides fast, easy isolation of plant and microbial DNA from freshly cut or cured leaf or flower material without the need for organic extraction, and can be used to prepare samples for use with the PathoSEEK and FemINDICAtor assays. The PathoSEEK Microbial Safety Testing Platform uses a quantitative polymerase chain reaction to search for and quantify the unique DNA sequences of target organisms in cannabis flower, extracts and infused product samples, and includes an internal cannabis control.
Reduce Sample Turnaround Times with Hamilton Automated Solutions
- Increase sample throughput and conduct parallel processing
- Focus on high value activities through hands-free, hassle-free workflows
- Eliminate costly and time-consuming retesting due to manual errors and variation
Achieve High Quality, Consistent Results with Hamilton Automated Solutions
- Miniaturize assays to conserve precious samples, materials and reagents while maintaining high quality, reproducible results
- Superior measurement accuracy, precision, and reproducibility via air displacement pipetting using Hamilton tips with CO-RE (Compressed O-Ring Expansion) technology
- Performance monitoring, even of the most challenging liquids, through Anti-Droplet Control (ADC), Liquid Level Detection (LLD), Total Aspiration and Dispense Monitoring (TADM)
Enhance Overall Laboratory Efficiency with Hamilton Automated Solutions
- Strengthen chain of custody, sample tracking, and audit trail via automated barcode scanning
- Easily add new assay protocols as testing requirements change
- Gain flexibility when using multiple sample collection container types
- Receive personalized recommendations and training from dedicated Hamilton cannabis experts
Solutions for Your Science
Explore the many ways in which Hamilton automated workflows benefit cannabis applications.
- Cannabinoid Profiling
- Pathogen Detection in Flower and Extract
- Plant Sex Determination
- Pesticide Analysis Prep
- Positive Pressure Solid Phase Extraction (SPE)
- Nucleic Acid Purification
- qPCR Setup
Hamilton is Customer Service
Whether you need a new instrument or support for one already in the lab, Hamilton is here to support you. Dedicated staff around the world are ready to respond to your request.Contact Us