Automated Screw Cap Decapper
The DeCapper is an easy-to-use device that provides automated decapping/capping of tubes with internal or external threads. Easily swap decapping heads to decap tubes in 24-, 48-, and 96-format tube racks, all on a single device.
Features of the DeCapper
- Easily swap decapping heads to decap tubes in 24-, 48-, and 96-format tube racks on a single device
- Decap only tubes needed—all rows, selected rows or columns, or partial racks
- Process tubes in portrait or landscape format within one device
- Can be operated as a standalone device or integrated with a Microlab VANTAGE Liquid Handling System or third-party robotic arm
- Built-in Secure Mode ensures an optimal seal during capping to eliminate cross threading
- Minimize the time a tube is open using optional Row Loop Mode—only one row is processed at a time by holding caps after decapping and immediately recapping
New Feature: 6-Channel Head
- Enables use of 24-format tubes in addition to 48- and 96-format tubes
- Decaps a wide variety of internally or externally threaded tubes and vials
- Allows laboratories to work with tube volumes and types that are most appropriate for their specific needs
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||600 mm x 380 mm x 440 mm|
(23.6 in x 15.0 in x 17.3 in)
|Supported Labware||Microtubes: 0.25 mL–1.4 mL |
FluidX, Greiner, LVL, Matrix, Micronic, Nunc, and Nalgene*
|Cryovials: 1 mL–10 mL** |
FluidX, Greiner, LVL, Micronic, Nunc, Nalgene, and Oragene.DNA (600 Series)
|Connection Interface||Ethernet for integration|
*Others available upon request.
**Contact Hamilton for specific tube compatibility.
Service & Support
Hamilton Storage is available to help you with your automated sample management needs. For service and support, choose from one of the options below.
Consult with Hamilton Storage to Automate your Sample Management Workflow
Need help understanding how automation can help your laboratory? Our team is dedicated to understanding your requirements to find the best solution to meet your goals.Contact Us