The Hamilton Genomic STARlet Fully Automates Workflows to Quickly Isolate High-Quality Nucleic Acids
Hamilton, together with MACHEREY-NAGEL, optimized the Genomic STARlet assay ready workstation to quickly isolate high-quality nucleic acids for use in downstream applications using NucleoSpin and NucleoFast assay kits. Multiple vacuum-based protocols and various sample types, including bacterial and eukaryotic cells, tissue, blood/plasma, plants, and more may be automatically processed on a single, integrated system with a small footprint to conserve precious laboratory space. Depending on the kit, up to 96 samples may be processed in 60-144 minutes, allowing several runs to be performed each day.
Features and Benefits
Confidence in Reliable, Accurate Results
In addition to proven MACHEREY-NAGEL nucleic acid extraction technology, the Genomic STARlet ensures sample integrity and confidence in results through:
- Air displacement pipetting using Hamilton tips with CO-RE (Compressed O-Ring Expansion) technology for superior measurement accuracy, precision, and reproducibility without aerosol generation during tip pick-up and ejection
- Real-time clot detection
- Anti-Droplet Control (ADC) to reduce contamination risk
- Barcode tracking
- Optional use of filter tips
Intuitive Setup, Hands-Free Operation
A graphical interface guides users through pre-defined vacuum-based protocol selection and assay setup, and also displays real-time status during sample processing. All liquid handling steps are performed automatically with minimal pipette tip use, while automatic sample transfers, including to and from the on-deck integrated heater shaker with active plate lock, and vacuum manifold, are performed via CO-RE grippers.
Each run, including complete sample traceability, is summarized in a downloadable report file. The fully hands-free workflow eliminates time-consuming and variable or error-prone manual processing steps and allows users to refocus time on high-value activities.
One System, Multiple Solutions
Versatility extends through multiple Genomic STARlet pre-installed application packages and configurations, including those for:
- Classic Life Science: NucleoSpin 8/96 Plasmid, NucleoSpin 8/96 PCR Clean-up, NucleoFast 96 PCR
- Genomic: NucleoSpin 8/96 Blood, NucleoSpin 8/96 Tissue, NucleoSpin 8/96 Plant II
- Gene Expression Profiling: NucleoSpin 8/96 Virus, NucleoSpin 8/96 RNA
- Configurations: STARlet platform with 4 or 8 channels, manual load and autoload options
All configurations are based on the Microlab STARlet.
|Length||31.1 in (788 mm)|
|Length (With Autoload)||39.7 in (1008 mm)|
|Width||54.8 in (1391 mm)|
|Height||35.7 in (905 mm)|
Additional Resources for the Genomic STARlet
View the Hamilton Aliquot STARlet
See the Hamilton ELISA STARlet
Check out the Hamilton RT STARlet
View the easyBlood STARlet
Discover the easyPunch STARlet
Learn more about the PCR Prep STARlet
Hamilton is Customer Service
Whether you need a new instrument or support for one already in the lab, Hamilton is here to support you. Dedicated staff around the world are ready to respond to your request.Contact Us