The Hamilton Genomic STARlet Fully Automates Workflows to Quickly Isolate High-Quality Nucleic Acids
Hamilton, together with MACHEREY-NAGEL, optimized the Genomic STARlet assay ready workstation to quickly isolate high-quality nucleic acids for use in downstream applications using NucleoSpin and NucleoFast assay kits. Multiple vacuum-based protocols and various sample types, including bacterial and eukaryotic cells, tissue, blood/plasma, plants, and more may be automatically processed on a single, integrated system with a small footprint to conserve precious laboratory space. Depending on the kit, up to 96 samples may be processed in 60-144 minutes, allowing several runs to be performed each day.
Confidence in Reliable, Accurate Results
In addition to proven MACHEREY-NAGEL nucleic acid extraction technology, the Genomic STARlet ensures sample integrity and confidence in results through:
- Air displacement pipetting using Hamilton tips with CO-RE (Compressed O-Ring Expansion) technology for superior measurement accuracy, precision, and reproducibility without aerosol generation during tip pick-up and ejection
- Real-time clot detection
- Anti-Droplet Control (ADC) to reduce contamination risk
- Barcode tracking
- Optional use of filter tips
Intuitive Setup, Hands-Free Operation
A graphical interface guides users through pre-defined vacuum-based protocol selection and assay setup, and also displays real-time status during sample processing. All liquid handling steps are performed automatically with minimal pipette tip use, while automatic sample transfers, including to and from the on-deck integrated heater shaker with active plate lock, and vacuum manifold, are performed via CO-RE grippers.
Each run, including complete sample traceability, is summarized in a downloadable report file. The fully hands-free workflow eliminates time-consuming and variable or error-prone manual processing steps and allows users to refocus time on high-value activities.
One System, Multiple Solutions
Versatility extends through multiple Genomic STARlet pre-installed application packages and configurations, including those for:
- Classic Life Science: NucleoSpin 8/96 Plasmid, NucleoSpin 8/96 PCR Clean-up, NucleoFast 96 PCR
- Genomic: NucleoSpin 8/96 Blood, NucleoSpin 8/96 Tissue, NucleoSpin 8/96 Plant II
- Gene Expression Profiling: NucleoSpin 8/96 Virus, NucleoSpin 8/96 RNA
- Configurations: STARlet platform with 4 or 8 channels, manual load and autoload options
|Length||31.1 in (788 mm)|
|Length (With Autoload)||39.7 in (1008 mm)|
|Width||54.8 in (1391 mm)|
|Height||35.7 in (905 mm)|
Hamilton is Customer Service
Whether you need a new instrument or support for one already in the lab, Hamilton is here to support you. Dedicated staff around the world are ready to respond to your request.Contact Us