Tips to Improve pH Measurement
Accurate pH control is fundamental for a wide variety of industrial bioprocesses. Some of those processes are based on cell or microbial cultures where the pH value has to be kept within a narrow range. This video shows the three most helpful tips for maintaining glass membrane pH probes to ensure optimal growth and product yield.
Topics within the video:
- pH sensor lifespan considerations (Nernst Equation, slope and zero point offset, process conditions)
- Sensor calibration (Selecting pH buffers, temperature considerations)
- Care and cleaning of the glass membrane and liquid junction (Best practices)
Hamilton also publishes a comprehensive measurement guide to pH measurement. Topics covered included sensor design, calibration, storage, and care.
- Visit our pages for buffers and sensor cleaning solutions to help you maintain your pH probes.
- Curious about the different types of glass membranes used in Hamilton pH sensors? See all options here.
- Visit our Main pH / ORP Knowledge Base Article Page to see all articles on pH sensors.