Ever wonder how pH sensors actually work? This video goes through the basic design and functionality of the standard glass membrane combination pH sensor.
Topics within the video:
- What is pH actually measuring?
- The relationship with hydrogen ion concentration and millivolt output of the sensor
- Measurement electrode versus reference electrode
- Zero point (offset) and slope values
- What are the effects of temperature on pH measurement?
Hamilton also publishes a comprehensive measurement guide to pH measurement. Topics covered included sensor design, calibration, storage, and care.