Hamilton polymeric PRP-X100 and PRP-X110 anion exchange columns are the easy way to separate inorganic and organic anions from 10 ppb to 500 ppm without elaborative pre-concentration or suppression. Virtually all mobile phases, based e.g. on hydroxide, carbonate, benzoate or phthalate eluent, can be used with PRP-X columns to provide good performance for any kind of anion separation.
Column-to-column reproducibility has become one of the most critical aspects of column quality. Nobody wants to develop a method only to find out that the column that they purchase later for the same application does not perform in the same manner. Every Hamilton column is produced according to ISO 9001, validated and delivered with a Certificate of Analysis to ensure perfect reproducibility of your results.
PRP-X100 and PRP-X110 columns are packed with a high quality polystyrene-divinylbenzene (PSDVB) resin of well defined porosity with covalent bounded trimethylammonium anion exchange groups. This highly inert polymeric support resists chemical attacks from organic solvents and aqueous buffers (0-100% aqueous or organic; pH 1 to 13), effectively lengthening the column lifetime. The columns may be cleaned under harsh conditions to completely remove any persistent contamination and the subsequent regeneration procedure will quickly return your chromatography back to its original state.
PRP-X100 and PRP-X110 columns can be used with any existing HPLC or ion chromatograph to easily determine a large variety of anions in almost any sample matrix including air, water and soil, for example:
- PRP-X100 columns are most frequently used for the separation and quantification of inorganic anions between 10 ppb to 500 ppm (Figure 1A). This range allows the injection of native samples without laborious pre-treatment. Inverse UV detection was used in Figure 1A and demonstrated comparable performance to commonly used conductivity detection. Besides, high quality anion analysis may be performed without substantial investment since HPLC systems equipped with a simple UV-detector are available in most laboratories.
- PRP-X100 columns easily separate difficult anions such as fluoride, borate and silicate at high pH conditions.
- Weak and polarizable anions such as perchlorate, thiosulfate or iodine are easily separated using the PRP-X110 and hydroxide eluent.
- PRP-X110 columns are also used for the separation of trace levels of inorganic and organic anions between 20 ppb and 20 ppm. The lower capacity yields a better resolution and narrower peaks for weak or polarizable anions.
- PRP-X110S is pre-equilibrated with carbonate buffer for easy determination of inorganic anions in the suppressed conductivity mode as required by EPA 300.0 Part A.
- Hamilton PRP-X100 and PRP-X110 are the perfect solution for anion analysis in water or environmental samples. The robust design and covalent surface modification of the packing material lead to a highly increased lifetime as compared to the competition. The production process is compliant to ISO 9001 ensuring an outstanding column-to-column and lot-to-lot reproducibility.