Automated Low-Capacity Sample Freezer Storage
SAM HD is an automated sample management system for secure storage of tubes and plates. This small lab freezer contains high-density storage capabilities with a minimal footprint. The SAM HD ultra-low temperature sample freezer is designed to maintain sample integrity while providing easy sample access and tracking.
High-Density Lab Freezer Storage in a Small Footprint
This compact, minus 80°C localized lab freezer storage system easily fits into existing laboratory spaces. Each SAM HD system allows for samples to be stored at six different shelf heights, providing flexibility for your lab workflow.
Users can increase storage capacity to store more samples in the same footprint using RackWare high-density storage racks. Our RackWare high-density racks increase the number of tubes that can be placed in a SBS-format rack. RackWare HDR-060 supports popular 48-format labware and increases storage capacity in a comparable SBS-format rack from 48 to 60 tubes. RackWare HDR-138 supports most major 96-format labware and increases storage capacity in a comparable SBS-format rack from 96 to 138 tubes.
Features and Benefits of the SAM HD Lab Freezer
Store and Pick Multiple Labware Types in One System
Multiple tube and/or plate types can be stored together in the lab freezer to accommodate varying sample collection workflows. This allows for maintaining secure sample documentation and tracking throughout the entire process. Different labware types can also be picked without the hassle of tooling changes, and without compromising the integrity of unpicked samples.
Maintains Sample Integrity
To maintain sample integrity, the system eliminates heat and moisture from entering the system and causing freeze-thaw cycles. The active automation is separated from the sample storage compartment to eliminate heat from affecting the samples. Unlike manual freezers, this sample freezer door remains closed to prevent moisture and temperature fluctuations.
The environment is continuously monitored, even during picking, ensuring the samples never reach critical sample temperatures. Tubes and plates within the lab freezer are picked in a minus 20°C environment. A standard UPS and LN2 backup is provided to help mitigate typical disaster scenarios and ensure samples are kept cold and safe.
Quick and Secure Sample Access
- Retrieves samples in less than 70 seconds
- Tracks all samples—Reads 1D and 2D barcodes on the sides of tubes, and 2D barcodes on the bottom of tubes, as well as 1D barcodes on racks
- Samples are stored securely in the lab freezer system—User access rights control who can retrieve samples
INSTINCT S Software
- Run daily operations with only three clicks
- Operate the system with minimal training
- Set up automated inventory, access control, and full audit trails
- Remote monitoring and job execution
- Full alarm capabilities
- Use the powerful Application Programming Interface (API) to interact directly with LIMS
- Connect laboratory management software, such as Mosaic, LabWare LIMS, and others
- Use the powerful API to run any jobs in SAM HD using your LIMS system
- The RESTful-based API uses the same technology as any internet browser, making the SAM HD API easy to integrate
- The flexibility of the SAM HD API allows basic integrations, which can be set up quickly, to in-depth integrations, where the LIMS can control additional parameters of SAM HD and the job management
- Mosaic, LabWare LIMS, Labvantage, and many custom LIMS systems have integrated SAM HD API, and the list continues to grow
SAM HD Resource Center
The Resource Center is your one-stop shop for learning more about the SAM HD minus 80°C automated sample storage system.
Download the SAM HD product brochure, view our infographic, or register for an upcoming webinar.
SAM HD Minus 80°C Lab Freezer Specifications
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||145 cm (w) x 150 cm (d) x 221 cm (h)|
(57 in x 59 in x 87 in)
|Weight (empty)||861 kg (1,900 lbs)|
|Voltage||(2) 208–230 VAC, 15A Service, 50/60 Hz|
≤ 45% Relative Humidity
≤ 40% Recommended Relative Humidity
Dew Point: -2°C to 9°C
Altitude < 2,000 m
|Sample Atmosphere||Nitrogen or dry air (-40°C dew point or lower)|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Barcode Reader||Racks: 1D|
Tubes: 1D and 2D (side) and 2D (bottom)
|Capacities*||Standard Racks||RackWare High-Density Racks|
|0.3 mL screw cap||59,712||85,836|
|0.5 mL screw cap||34,080||48,990|
|1.0 mL screw cap||28,896||41,538|
|1.8 mL screw cap||14,448||18,060|
*Example labware used. SAM HD is capable of storing a wide range of SBS-format labware up to 90 mm in height. Labware types subject to approval.
Service & Support for Sample Freezers
Consult with Hamilton Storage to Automate your Sample Management Workflow
Need help understanding how automation can help your laboratory? Our team is dedicated to understanding your requirements to find the best solution to meet your goals.Contact Us