To begin using disposable tips, you will need to swap your current hand probe out for the Disposable Tip Hand Probe (DTHP). The DTHP is compatible with any Dual Syringe Microlab 600 pump and will effectively eliminate any chance of carryover in your dilution process. Here's what you'll need:
|Disposable Tip Hand Probe (includes tubing)|
|Disposable Tips*||ClickSure® Disposable Tips|
|61500-02||Basic to Advanced Controller Upgrade Kit - only required if you have a Basic Controller (no SD card)|
*The Disposable Tip Hand Probe is compatible with 50 µL or 1 mL ClickSure® disposable tips.
Probe installation instructions:
- If you have an Advanced Controller, skip to step 2. If you have a Basic Controller (no SD card), begin by unboxing the Basic to Advanced Controller Upgrade Kit and insert the SD card into the slot on the left of the controller base.
- Empty the fluid path (valves, syringe, tubing) of any remaining liquid.
- With the unit powered off, remove the Dispense Tubing from the valve by loosening the fitting. Then, unplug the cable connecting the hand probe to the side of the pump and carefully pull the tubing and cable out of the tubing management system (metal loop).
- Unbox the Disposable Tip Hand Probe (DTHP). Rethread the cable and tubing back through the tubing management system. Then, plug the hand probe cable into the probe receptacle on the side of the pump and rethread the tubing fitting into the valve to connect the Dispense Tubing assembly.
- Power the unit back on, and prime the system to check for leaks and to remove any residual air from the fluid path. Simply set your sample and diluent volumes using the touchscreen controller and begin your dilutions.
Single Sample Dilution
1. Press the probe trigger to aspirate sample.
2. Press the probe trigger to dispense sample.
3. Press the eject button to eject the tip into a waste bin.
4. Press the trigger to dispense diluent and complete the dilution.
Multi Sample Dilution
1. Press the probe trigger to aspirate sample 1.
2. Press the probe trigger to aspirate sample 2.
3. Press the probe trigger to dispense samples.
4. Press the eject button to eject the tip into a waste bin.
5. Press the trigger to dispense diluent and complete the dilution.