ClonaCell EasyPick is an automated platform for cell line generation and merges the rapid selection and cloning of cells using STEMCELL Technologies’ ClonaCell media with Hamilton Company’s 30 years of experience in robotics to meet the three most important aspects of developing cell lines for biopharmaceutical production: quality, speed and throughput.
- Air Displacement Pipetting ensures reliable and gentle picking of cell clones
- Advanced technologies such as Monitored Air Displacement and Anti-Droplet Control confirm and record liquid handling processes and eliminate cross-contamination
- Automated selection of colonies based on custom-defined and weighted parameters ensures process consistency and reliability tailored to each user’s needs
- Data tracking and comprehensive report files
- Speed: Generate stable cell lines in as little as 14 days by combining selection and cloning using ClonaCell media
- Throughput: Isolate up to 300 clones per hour in a fully automated environment
- Quality: Increased probability of selecting a high producing clone by automation
- Reduced cross-contamination by use of disposable tips
- Minimized exposure time of clones on deck
ClonaCell EasyPick is a system for automated colony isolation from semi-solid medium and provides a platform for a highly efficient method of selecting and cloning transfected cells and hybridomas.
The ClonaCell EasyPick can be loaded with up to 15 petri dishes in a stacker. A specific plate gripper picks up one petri dish and delivers it to the light table and delids it. A picture is taken with the movable camera on the channel. The back light enables a clear and precise picture of all colonies in the semi solid agar. The picture is analyzed, recognizing all colonies and providing their exact positions. Based on customer-defined settings, only the desired ones are selected for picking.
Picking is done with disposable tips, which reduce the risk of cross-contamination to a minimum. Air Displacement Pipetting ensures reliable and gentle picking of cell clones. The picked cell material is delivered to a MTP or a sample tube for further processing. Advanced technologies such as Monitored Air Displacement and Anti-Droplet Control confirm and record liquid handling processes and eliminate cross-contamination.
Full traceability of sample and action is guaranteed for the whole process. When using the Autoload option the barcode of plates and tubes are traced during loading. Even the pipetting actions can be traced using the VENUS application software’s regular mechanism. This enables highest possible integrity of data.
The ClonaCell EasyPick works with the Hamilton platform STARlet.
Our STAR Line platforms allow easy configuration of your instrument according to your needs: choose from three platforms, modular pipetting units, plate handling tools and a wide range of accessories.