The new chemagicSTAR combines chemagen’s leading NA purification system with the best automated
liquid handling technology to offer you complete automation in one integrated system.
The chemagicSTAR is the most flexible nucleic acid extraction robot on the market.
The system is available with three extraction heads for volumes from 20 µL to 10 mL.
Wide range of sample material (e.g. blood, plasma, buffy coat, saliva, cells, tissue, buccal swabs) can be processed with the chemagic STAR. The extracted nucleic acids are ready to use in the fields of HLA-typing, Human Genetics, Pathogen Diagnostics and Virus Screening.
- Unique flexibility: Unbeatable volume range from low (up to 400 µL) to medium (0.75-4 mL) up to high volume (1-10 mL) sample, almost any kind of human sample material.
- Easy-to-use GUI: in about 10 steps the system is ready to start
- Reliable sample processing & full sample traceability: contamination-free primary sample pipetting with filter tips & barcode tracking of primary samples, storage racks and tips.
- Adaptability: system can be used with any choice of input tube and output tube/plate format.
- Unique proven extraction technology from chemagen
- “Ready to Start” protocols for more than 30 different chemagen kits
- Integrated design saves bench space
- Safe processing ensured by single housing
- Capacity: 2 sample sets (2x96; 2x24; 2x12) fit on the deck
- Throughput: up to 3 x 2 x 96 sample/d = 576 Low volume sample; up to 2 x 2 x 24 sample/d = 96 MV sample; up to 3 x 2 x 12 sample/d = 72 HV sample
The chemagicSTAR consists of a Microlab STAR liquid handling platform and an integrated extraction unit from chemagen. Both parts are enclosed in a single housing. The liquid handling system is equipped with 4 x 1 mL channel and 4 x 5 mL channel. The software is driven by an intuitive GUI easily guiding the user in about 10 steps through the startup sequence of the method.
chemagen’s magnetic bead technology yields in ultrapure nucleic acids
Due to chemagen’s proprietary Polyvinyl Alcohol particles (M-PVA Magnetic Beads) this extraction technology yields in ultrapure nucleic acids. The hydrophilic surface of these beads results in high affinity to nucleic acids. Once bound to the M-PVA Magnetic Beads, the nucleic acids are transferred with a magnetisable rod to different wash buffers and finally to the elution buffer. This method ensures both: highest purity and reliability.
The rod itself is protected by a single disposable sleeve. During the whole isolation process mixing, binding and elution is achieved through the patented rotation of the rods when the magnet is switched off. This technique does not lead to DNA shearing and supports an efficient binding of nucleic acids to the beads. Cross contamination is avoided during the isolation process.
- Extract from 20 μL to 400 μL sample volume with the chemagic 96-Rod Head
- Extract from 0.75 mL to 4 mL sample volume with the chemagic 24-Rod Head
- Extract from 1 mL to 10 mL sample volume with the chemagic 12-Rod Head
- Additional module available: 2-D barcode scanning on deck (Ziath AV6, integrated on deck)
- Basic LIMS module (adaptable to the specific needs of the customer)
- On request (as off-deck integration) DNA concentration measurement
- UV kit
chemagicSTAR Low Volume
Extract from sample volumes from 20 µL to 400 µL with the chemagic 96-Rod Head
chemagicSTAR Medium Volume
Extract from sample volumes from 200 µL to 4 mL with the chemagic 24-Rod Head
chemagicSTAR High Volume
Extract from sample volumes of 1 mL to 10 mL with the chemagic 12-Rod Head