Optimal solutions for your automated application
The completely flexible design
offers unlimited expandability
from addition of single pipetting tools to doubling the workspace when enhancing a STARlet M to STARplus M.
Adding a second arm to a STAR M enables parallel sample processing.
The option of 3rd party integrations on either side guarantees the maximum degree of flexibility
to quickly adapt to new laboratory needs.
Take advantage of Hamilton’s unique CO-RE® technology
, that ensures and verifies correct, force-free tip pick-up and ejection. Extend your STAR M’s capabilities by choosing from the many available CO-RE add-ons like the CO-RE Grippers for handling labware and tips on deck.
- Fully upgradable arms
- 96 Multi-Probe Head with TADM
- VENUS four with enhanced Smart Steps
- Integrated Dynamic scheduler
- Dynamic Liquid Classification (DLC)
- Total Aspiration and Dispense Monitoring (TADM)
Invest in your assay
The STAR M grows with your needs, because it's designed form the ground-up to not only adapt lightly to new applications, but offers a design that can be completely upgraded in your lab. Thanks to the "easy-to-chane" layout, you have the flexibility to configure the deck tailored specifically for your assays.
Take advantage of the flexible carriers configurations, thanks to the ability to customize carriers
- The Multiflex Modules concept can be changed according to your needs with a bord range of available modules (like microplates, tube holders, troughs, ...)
- Easily integrate different tools like On Deck thermal Cycler (ODTC), Vacuum System (CVS), Heater Shaker (HHS), and more
Take advantage of the CO-RE technology for your process
With multiple options for labware transportation, the STAR M always offers the best solution for your automation needs. Reducing complexity, most labware transportation can be done by the pipetting channels.
- iSWAP to access all internal deck positions.
- CO-RE Gripper to optimize deck space by enabling stacking of microplates and NTR.
- CO-RE Lid Tool to transport flat, glossy surface objects such as microplates lids and petri dish lids.
- Tube Gripper Channel for transporting tubes with diamater from 8 to 20 mm
- Twister Channel and Decapper Module for automation and trasportation of 15 to 50 mL screw cap tubes and vials.
- Imaging solutions with our high-resolution CCD Camera Channel
The STAR M also includes a comprehensive portfolio of integrated options to completely automate your workflow, such as Heating Cooling Modules, Incubator Shakers, HEPA Filters Hood, and more.
Complete process security and traceability
Increase your efficiency avoiding attended runs thanks to Hamilton’s extensive security features that guarantee a robot that monitors itself and can prove how results are reliably delivered.
- Labware and Sample Identification - 1D or 2D barcode reader
- Sample Identification on Assay Entry - automaticall load carrier and samples
- Secure and Traceable - record all liquid handling steps
- Internal database - complete audit trail
It's the most advanced solution for your automated application, thanks to the high deck capacity
and the random access
on deck. The STAR M can also be equipped with one or two arms
, and with 3rd party devices
like incubators, cappers, etc.
Compressed O-Ring Expansion (CO-RE)
The top of precision in tip attachment and positioning. The proprietary Compressed O-Ring Expansion (CO-RE) technology attaches disposable tips using a highly robust lock-and-key style mechanism, with no vertical force for tip attachment/ejection, thus eliminating mechanical stress and minimizing the production of aerosols, improving overall system reliability and speed.
Air Displacement Pipetting
The proven air displacement pipetting (similar to high precision handheld electronic pipettors) reduces risk of contamination or sample dilution (no system fluid), for high pipetting accuracy and precision from sub-microlitre to large volumes, to improve robustness and easier maintenance owing to lack of system liquids, diluters, valves or complicated tubing.
Anti-Droplet Control (ADC)
ADC detects and compensates for pressure changes in real time for each pipetting channel that are caused by the high vapor pressure of volatile organics, to eliminate droplet formation. (find out more and watch it in action)
Monitored Air Displacement (MAD)
MAD detects clots or empty wells during the aspiration step in real time. It can also be used to pipette highly volatile solvents. With MAD your pipetting robot gives you a feedback on the real-time tracking of the aspiration performance.
Total Aspiration and Dispense Monitoring (TADM)
During crucial sample transfers (e.g. in vitro Diagnostics or DNA Forensics), parameters may be set to monitor, in real time, both the aspiration and dispense steps. TADM verifies with a traceable digital audit trail that a sample has been successfully transferred.
Liquid Level Detection (LLD)
The Hamilton STAR uses LLD technology to determine liquid levels in tubes and plates located on the pipetting deck. There are two modes of LLD: capacitative LLD (c-LLD), used to detect most types of liquids in most types of vessels; and pressure-based LLD (p-LLD), which can detect virtually all fluid types, including foaming liquids and non-conductive organic solvents.
VENUS: powerful software for a powerful workstation
VENUS software provides basic or
advanced programming, offering flexible assay setup without compromising your requirements.
Intuitive editors provide full control over every aspect of your method.
VENUS is designed to be easy as you need, yet powerful enough to provide the flexibility to set up assays
exactly the way you want them automated.
Condition Monitoring with STARwatch
Increased system uptime through proactive intervention
- No workflow interruption
- Pre-planned service visits
- Faster service reaction time