Periodic cleaning of the CO2NTROL sensor may be required to remove process related build-up. Carry out the cleaning procedure as follows:
- Remove sensor from the process
- Soak a dust-free cloth or tissue paper with deionized water and wipe the wetted parts with it. Thoroughly rinse the wetted parts and the sensor solid state sensing element with deionized water afterwards
- Dry the wetted parts with a clean dust-free cloth or tissue and store the sensor in dry conditions
- If the sensor’s sensing element is contaminated with oil, grease or other organic matter, soak a clean dust-free cloth with isopropyl alcohol. Rinse residual isopropyl alcohol immediately from the membrane with deionized water and gently wipe over the membrane surface
- After cleaning always perform a new two point calibration before carrying out measurements
ATTENTION! Cleaning, assembly and maintenance should be performed by personnel trained in such work. Do not use any abrasive tissues or cleaning materials and do not use any cleaning chemicals other than described above. Before removing the sensor from the measuring setup, always make sure that the setup is pressure-less, cold and that no process medium can be accidentally spilled. When removing and cleaning the sensor, it is recommended to wear safety glasses and protective gloves.