Clinical Quality DNA Extraction at Scale: Engineering a Universal Method for Different Sample TypesHere, we describe a procedure developed at Color Genomics, a leader in high-quality and affordable genomic healthcare, to extract high-quality genomic DNA (gDNA) from peripheral blood and saliva samples, simultaneously, on the Hamilton Microlab STAR platform using Omega Bio-tek’s Mag-Bind® Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ magnetic bead-based chemistry.
Automation of the Direct-zol™-96 MagBead RNAThe magnetic bead-based Direct-zol procedure on the Hamilton Microlab STAR platform bypasses phase separation/precipitation and enables high-throughput automated magnetic bead-based purification of high-quality total RNA directly from samples treated in TRIzol or other acid-guanidinium-phenol based reagents. Direct-zol effectively isolates total RNA from a variety of sample sources including cells, tissue, serum, plasma, blood, and biological liquids for downstream applications, like miRNA profiling, RNA-seq, and viral detection.
Automation of the ZymoBIOMICS-96 MagBead DNA KitThe ZymoBIOMICS-96 MagBead DNA Kit allows for a simple bind, wash, elute procedure that is unmatched in providing ultra-pure DNA that is free of PCR inhibitors (e.g. polyphenols, humic acids) in as little as 90 minutes for 96 samples, making it ideal for all downstream applications including PCR, arrays, 16s rRNA gene sequencing, and shotgun sequencing. Sample variability is greatly reduced by using the Microlab STAR and the resulting endotoxin-free and high quality DNA is ready for restriction endonuclease digestion, ligation, PCR, transformation, sequencing, etc.
Automate the Use of cfDNA Isolation Kit With Hamilton's Microlab STARHere, we report an automated method to isolate cfDNA using a magnetic particle-based assay workflow (see Workflow at end) in a high throughput format while accommodating volume requirements, and compare this method to a manual method.
Reach New Heights with Hamilton DNA Extraction and RNA Extraction
- Use different labware types and assay types
- Adapt to changing lab needs through scalable, modular automated solutions
- Easily add new assay protocols as testing requirements change
- Increase sample throughput and conduct parallel processing
- Miniaturize assays to conserve samples, materials, and reagents while maintaining high quality, reproducible results
Save Time with Hamilton Automated Solutions
- Focus on high value activities through hands-free, hassle-free workflows
- Standardize workflows for consistency and reliability without user bias
- Eliminate retesting due to manual errors and variation
- Improve documentation and data transfer through LIMS integration
Experience More with Hamilton Automated Solutions
- Easily track samples and reagents via automated barcode scanning
- Superior measurement accuracy, precision, and reproducibility via air displacement pipetting using Hamilton tips with CO-RE (Compressed O-Ring Expansion) technology
- Performance monitoring, even of the most challenging liquids, through Anti-Droplet Control (ADC™), Liquid Level Detection (LLD), and Total Aspiration and Dispense Monitoring (TADM)
- Ensure clean working environments through UV lights and Hamilton’s ISO-certified, positive pressure HEPA-filtered Clean Air Protection (CAP) System
- Receive personalized recommendations and training from dedicated Hamilton genomic experts
Solutions for Your Science
Explore the many ways in which Hamilton automated workflows benefit genomic applications.
- Normalization and Quantification
- PCR Setup
- Size Selection
San Diego, CA, USA
Boston, MA, USA
Hamilton is Customer Service
Whether you need a new instrument or support for one already in the lab, Hamilton is here to support you. Dedicated staff around the world are ready to respond to your request.Contact Us