Hamilton's Automated Screw Cap Decapper
Hamilton’s automated decapper is an easy-to-use device that provides decapping/capping of tubes with internal or external threads.
Features of the Hamilton Tube DeCapper
- Easily swap decapping heads to decap tubes in various tube rack formats (24, 48, or 96) on a single device
- Decap only tubes needed—all rows, selected rows or columns, or partial racks
- Process tubes in portrait or landscape format within a single decapper device
- Hamilton decapper can be operated as a standalone device or integrated with a Microlab VANTAGE Liquid Handling System or third-party robotic arm
- Comes with a built-in Secure Mode ensures an optimal seal during capping to eliminate cross threading
- Tube decapper includes optional Row Loop Mode, where only one row is processed at a time to minimize the duration a tube is open
Benefits of the 6-Channel Head
- The 6-channel head enables the use of 24-format tubes in addition to 48- and 96-format tubes
- Decaps a wide variety of internally or externally threaded tubes and vials
- Allows laboratories to decap tube volumes and types that are most appropriate for their specific needs
What is a decapper?
A decapper is a tool used in laboratories to easily remove the caps from tubes and vials. Many laboratories opt for an automated decapper to increase efficiency and reduce injuries caused by decapping manually. Hamilton's automated DeCapper allows for individual tube selection to help minimize contamination from decapping unnecessary tubes.
The Resource Center is your one-stop shop for learning more about our line of LabElite automated benchtop devices.
Here you can download the LabElite product brochure or view an informative infographic. You can also register for a webinar, dig through our comprehensive automated liquid handling guide, or download the "How Automation Puts a Cap on Laboratory Disruptions" eBook.
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||600 mm x 380 mm x 440 mm|
(23.6 in x 15.0 in x 17.3 in)
|Supported Labware||Microtubes: 0.25 mL–1.4 mL |
Hamilton, FluidX, Greiner, LVL, Matrix, Micronic, Nunc, and Nalgene*
|Cryovials: 1 mL–10 mL** |
FluidX, Greiner, LVL, Micronic, Nunc, Nalgene, and Oragene.DNA (600 Series)
|Connection Interface||Ethernet for integration|
*Others available upon request.
**Contact Hamilton for specific tube compatibility.
Consult with Hamilton Storage to Automate your Sample Management Workflow
Need help understanding how automation can help your laboratory? Our team is dedicated to understanding your requirements to find the best solution to meet your goals.Contact Us