Every cell-based project requires a system for preserving and authenticating cell lines. Cell culture requires time and resources, and a system to protect these investments is a high priority. Such systems must include cryopreservation and cell banking.
Preserving cell lines from damage by proper cooling is the first step after proliferation in building a cell banking system. Proper cryopreservation reduces microbial contamination from bacteria, fungi, mycoplasma and viruses, and provides consistency by enabling the use of cell lines at the same passage number.
Cryopreservation also saves resources by reducing consumables and staff time. Following cryopreservation, a well-maintained cell bank will benefit cell-based research projects by safely storing cells for future use in a manner that enables consistent tracking and cataloging.
- Containment Solutions – Enable sample protection and integrity and offer a protected and contamination-free work area
- HEPA Hood
- Integration of BSL II Cabinets (NuAire and Baker)
- Custom Enclosures
- Integration of CO2 Incubators (Liconic, Thermo Cytomat)
- Plate Tilting – Enables complete removal of cell suspensions and media when passaging, harvesting or changing media in adherent cell cultures
- Heated and Shaking Plate Locations – Maintain reagents and cells at a controlled temperature during processing steps that take place on liquid handler; shaking can help to dissociate difficult-to-detach adherent cell lines for passaging and harvesting
- Hamilton Heater Shakers
- MFX Heating Module
- Inheco CPAC
- Five-position recirculating carrier
- Media Fill Line – Enables a completely disposable sterile fluid path for media, with the ability to maintain temperatures
- Heats media or PBS in line
- Can store media in a 4°C cooled fridge
- Sterile disposable trough for reagents on deck
- Compatible with commonly used media bags and containers
- Equipped with sensors for automated volume control
- Cytometers – Enables confluence monitoring and cell counting (Brooks Celigo, MD CSI, Cellavista)
- Hamilton DeCapper
- Sterile Consumables
- Hamilton Storage