Field Service Specialist
Provide high level filed service support through on-site installation, servicing, and repair of complex automated ultra-low temperature (-20 to -150 degrees C) Sample Management storage systems and associated network applications and databases for the Life Science Labs.
|Essential Job Functions
- Provide field service support with installations, repairs, and modifications to automation equipment.
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction within geographic territory.
- Perform on-site field service troubleshooting, repair, installation and customer training as required.
- Perform technical phone and email support to customers.
- Must have the ability to program using the user software to test automation.
- Accurately, clearly, and completely fill out services reports and submit to corporate on a timely basis utilizing CRM and Pivotal service databases.
- Responsible for timely return of defective parts to corporate.
- Responsible for the follow through and timely resolution of customer problems.
- Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) as required.
- Apply appropriate equipment specific safety procedures, must ensure quality standards for equipment are met before handing over equipment to customer.
- Actively participate in feeding back field reliability issues to engineering and manufacturing through proper channels.
- Participate as the expert in implementing new product improvements (upgrades, field modifications, etc.) at site locations as necessary.
- Conduct customer Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
This position requires more than 70% travel. Some travel to Canada for small install base (Montreal and Toronto).
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Build strong working relationships with customers and sales personnel to insure a high level of communication and satisfaction within territory.
- Accountable for all escalated accounts within region.
- Follow laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customers’ site safety code.
- Good communications skills; ability to interact effectively with customers required.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Windows environment, Active Directory, SQL
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Four or more years experience is servicing sophisticated Lab Automation Systems/capital equipment, preferably in the Life Science Industry.
- Experience with -20C to -150C refrigeration automation strongly desired.