What information will the Hamilton contact person need to support you?
In case an error in a method can not be fixed by using the online help, the manual or this FAQ section, contact the Hamilton representative. The waiting time for an answer will be reduced when you prepare the following data:
- a clear explanation of the error (what happens exactly)
- a screenshot of the error dialog (if possible)
- Information about the used Vector/VENUS version (use version info in START -> Programs --> hamilton)
- Information about the used Operating system / service packs (Start --> System control --> System)
- a method trace file (C:\Program files\HAMILTON\LogFiles)
- a communication port trace file (C:\Program files\HAMILTON\LogFiles)
- a package of the method
- additional data to run the method package (work lists etc)
All this helps to shorten the response time, solve the correct error and improve methods and software.