Click any of the Sub Categories on the right to find the electrode perfect for your application
Innovations with Memosens®:
Easier installation, operation and maintenance of pH sensors.
The new Memosens® technology is used for pH sensors.
• Data storage inside the sensor: Memosens sensor heads store the actual calibration data and further information useful for proactive maintenance, like total uptime, times within a certain range of measurement values or temperatures.
• Digital signal transmission: The electric analogue measurement values are transformed into stable digital signals in the sensor head.
• Inductive signal transmission: The transmission of the digital signals to the cable happens inductively, without direct metallic contact.
• Signal transmission in both directions: Digital signals can go from the sensor to the transmitter, as well as from the transmitter to the sensor.
• Simple connection: Connector head and connector connected with a bayonet coupling.
Memosens® in practice:
• Easy replacement of calibrated sensors.
• No calibration in the process necessary, laboratory calibration with high quality possible.
• Eased installation because greater distances between sensor and transmitter are possible.
• Problems of analogue measurements like moist, corrosion or EMV are principally removed.
• Wrong wiring of the sensor is impossible.
• Up to 40% longer life span of the Memosens® sensors and less calibration due to optimized sensor maintenance.
Innovations in Electrochemistry:
The SINGLE PORE concept:
Precise, reliable, fast readings with a “never clog” liquid junction
Since its introduction in 1991, the SINGLE PORE concept has been increasingly successful. The advantage of
this solution is clear: instead of many tiny pores in a ceramic
diaphragm, a single pore about 2000 times larger (in the form of a
glass capillary) is used. This SINGLE PORE is practically impossible to
clog. In combination with a special electrolyte, the flow rate through
the pore is faster and provides much better contact between the
reference electrode and sample. This allows faster response time and
more accurate readings.
The PTB (Physikalisch-Technische-Bundesanstalt = Physical Technical
Federal Institute) in Braunschweig, Germany determined the SINGLE PORE
pH electrode to be the most accurate laboratory electrode. Further
information can be found in "Traceability of pH measurement" by Petra
Spitzer; ISBN 3-89429-877-4 or ISSN 0947-7063
The most innovative polymer reference electrolyte
It used to be that pH electrodes with a polymer electrolyte could not be used over the entire pH or temperature range. HAMILTON has designed the innovative POLISOLVE polymer electrolyte sensors that cover a pH range from 0 to 14 and temperatures from -10°C to 130°C. As an added benefit the POLISOLVE polymer is also stable to most organic solvents and free of toxic acrylamide.
When you combine the POLISOLVE with the SINGLE PORE concept you have the solution to pH measurement in a wide application range including:
• Industrial waste water
• Hot sugar juice
• Samples containing color pigments
• Oily samples
• Fermentation process
With the POLISOLVE PLUS electrolyte, HAMILTON has achieved an important new development that means even more stable reference signals. Thanks to an ingenious built-in filter system, reference poisons remain harmless for a lot longer. At the same time, troublesome diffusion potentials are minimized. POLISOLVE PLUS represents a significant contribution to long lasting pH sensors.
The EVEREF reference system:
Long electrode life thanks to stable reference potentials
Stable reference systems are at the heart of reliable, long-life electrodes. This is why many Hamilton electrodes are equipped with reference systems from the EVEREF family. The silver chloride reservoir is separated from the reference electrolyte by a diffusion distance which prevents the loss of silver chloride due to temperature variations, and allows the use of silver-free electrolytes. The
EVEREF-L labyrinth system used in the POLILYTE electrodes further extends the diffusion distance to almost 200 mm, greatly increasing electrode life in aggressive media. The EVEREF-F system contains a silver barrier which prolongs electrode life in aggressive samples.
HAMILTON pH glasses:
Guarantee the accuracy of your measurements.
Continuous improvement to our pH glass provides benefits that have not been previously available.
Our high performance glasses, the PHI glass and the recently developed HB glass, show these benefits. These membrane materials were developed to withstand frequent steam sterilization, autoclavation and CIP cleaning using hot caustics. PHI and HB glass provide the lowest drift and show almost no shift after sterilization and cleaning procedures.
The HAMILTON H glass has excellent aging characteristics and offers stable readings even in samples with a low water content such as anhydrous or only partially aqueous solutions. The low alkali error of H glass means accurate measurements even at high pH or high operating temperatures.
An HF glass is one of the latest developments to ensure longest possible lifetime in processes containing hydrofluoric acid.
Most electrodes for low-temperature applications have a membrane made of V glass. This unique development has a very low membrane resistance.
Generally, our pH glasses allow you stable measurements for a long time.