Hamilton Polymers - Poly(styrene divinylbenzene) or PS-DVB is a robust polymer material used as the base framework for all the Hamilton polymer HPLC packing materials. The high degree of cross-linking with divinylbenzene makes the polymer bead extremely durable for high pressure applications.
- Can handle pressures over 5,000 psi
- Have a usable pH range of 1‐13
- Polymer columns can be cleaned with 1.0 M sodium hydroxide to remove strongly retained material.
- Swelling in organic solvents such as THF or chloroform is negligible because of the cross‐linking
- Can be operated at much higher temperatures as compared to silica based materials
- Excellent sample recoveries due to the lack of acidic silanol groups
- PS‐DVB resins are similar in retention characteristics to a C18 but do have a slightly different selectivity in some cases.