The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of mechanical and electromechanical assemblies from engineering drawings, verbal and written procedures.
|Essential Job Functions
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools
- Conduct documented tests at the subassembly level to assess performance, and validate unit functions according to specifications.
- Troubleshoot subassemblies and perform corrections and repairs as directed.
- Test functional performance of systems, subassemblies and parts under specified conditions (e.g. cold temperature).
- Work with senior technicians and engineering to make process and functional improvement suggestions.
- Ability to use and configure PC’s in a Windows environment is necessary.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with capital/process equipment, automation and motion control systems a plus
- Must have the ability to manage and meet schedule commitments, and possess good troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail, strong documentation and record keep skills required
- Ability to us a PC with Microsoft office suite products
- Machine shop experience a plus
|Education and Experience
- Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in electromechanical assembly and testing