Field Service Installation Technician
As a Field Service Installation Technician you will travel to Hamilton Storage Customer sites for new installation and training. Position is located in Franklin, MA.
Provide field service support with installations, repairs and upgrade modifications to automation equipment. Ensure high level of customer satisfaction within geographic territory.
|Essential Job Functions
- Perform a wide variety of mechanical, electromechanical and electrical assemblies from engineering drawings, schematics, verbal and written procedures.
- Assist team members with the integration of standard and customized products to meet customers' requirements.
- Troubleshoot units and performs corrections and repairs.
- Test functional performance of systems and subassemblies under specified conditions (e.g. cold temperature).
- Prepare system for shipment and perform on-site installation.
- Assist Engineers with testing at the system level to assess performance and validate unit functions according to specifications (in-house and at customer site).
- Utilize a variety of electronic and/or mechanical test equipment.
- Up to 40% domestic and international travel is expected. Travel will consist of 2-3 week durations (including weekends).
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with capital/process equipment, automation and motion control systems is a plus.
- Must have the ability to manage and meet schedule commitments, and possess good troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail, strong documentation and record keeping skills are required.
- Machine shop experience is a plus.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is preferred.
- Five or more years experience in the assembly and testing of electromechanical assemblies required.
- Experience in the Life Science industry a plus.