The Technical Writer is responsible for preparation (i.e., writing and / or editing) of technical documentation for Robotics products. Responsible for planning and preparing technical materials for product introductions for a variety of audiences - users, application specialist, service engineers, sales people, etc. Will act as a liaison between company personnel and outside vendors as necessary. Assist in coordination of work efforts within the Marketing Department.
|Essential Job Functions
- Gather all pertinent information, write and prepare the following:
- Instruction/operating/programmers manuals (hardware and software)
- Service manuals
- User guides
- Start up guides
- Data sheets
- Templates for marketing collateral
- Instruction sheets/package inserts
- Revision history.
- Assist Product Managers, as necessary, in preparation of various promotional items to be used for marketing collateral and possible marketing activities.
- Assist in design, layout and typesetting when necessary.
- Act as coordinator of long-term projects (includes scheduling meetings, preparation of Gantt charts, etc.) to ensure that the required technical materials are properly and completely represented in technical documentation required for products.
- Work as liaison with company personnel (R&D, marketing, sales, product management, etc.) and outside vendors.
- All other duties assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CAD programs, Desktop publishing/page layout software, graphic editing software, screen capture programs, video editing programs, etc.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with thorough follow-up and organization of all open and pending activities to be addressed.
- Technical aptitude is a must and candidate should be able to speak to examples of demonstrated competency of a technical nature.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
|Education and Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering or related subject or 5 plus years practical work experience in the area of technical writing a must.
- 1 plus years experience in technical publications with knowledge of customer requirements, various company products, purpose and structure of a document, and user's level of understanding.