||Technical Project Lead I
The (Advanced Product Engineering) APE Technical Project Lead is responsible for both applications activities and project management aspects of APE custom solutions projects.
|Essential Job Functions
- Develop basic application-specific protocols on Hamilton products by interpreting procedures provided by the customer or sales/marketing staff.
- Perform troubleshooting of application protocols and instrumentation.
- Create deck layouts and labware definitions.
- Test labware, devices and integrations for APE projects; create test protocols and reports relating to that testing.
- Generate quotes for Level 1 (basic) project requests.
- Perform applications and project management tasks for Level 0 and 1 projects.
- Lead project kickoffs, design reviews, and other project meetings as required for assigned projects.
- Develop project timelines and regularly communicate project status to internal team and customers
- Coordinate project-related activities with other internal departments.
- Visit customers as needed for meetings, acceptance testing, or as required.
- Help identify possible product and project risks.
- Work as required to see projects to completion, on-time and on-budget.
- Collaborate effectively with project team members.
- Document non-conformances, to prevent future occurrences
- Monitor progress of complaint investigations and resolutions.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A basic knowledge of computers is required.
- Must have good planning and customer relationship skills
- Must have good presentation and communication skills.
- Must have good leadership skills.
|Education and Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, preferably in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or other related sciences.
- Must have experience with laboratory automation or scientific applications.
- Project management experience is desired, preferably with experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Experience programming or operating automated scientific laboratory equipment is desired.
- Experience with programming languages is desired.
- Experience with training or teaching is desired.