||Regional Applications Manager
San Diego, CA
The Regional Applications Manager will manage a team of Applications Specialist with the goal of organizing and maintaining coverage in their territories for customer support. Position will be responsible for assisting in the hiring and training of new employees. Will serve as a technical resource to the applications Specialist who report to them. Will perform Applications Specialist and or ACE duties when other resources are not available. Will work closely with the National Applications Manager, local sales personnel to make sure support needs are communicated and well planned.
|Essential Job Functions
- Perform Applications duties for assigned territory when other resources are not available.
- Attend applicable sales presentations and meetings.
- Maintain good communication with local Sales Director, ACE's and National Applications Manager to ensure priorities for support are being met by the Applications team.
- Provide guidance to Applications Specialist when scheduling workloads.
- Work directly with headquarter-based APE team in the pre-sales and post-sales phase to ensure Field Applications resources will be available for support.
- Pre and Post-sales liaison with headquarters team for integrated systems, post installation and SAT applications support.
- Create tools for applications team which streamline training and enable them to perform their jobs more easily while promoting Hamilton products.
- Responsible for developing and training new Applications Specialists.
- Conduct performance evaluations of Applications personnel that are direct reports.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good working knowledge of computers is required.
- Must have good planning and customer skills, and be able to demonstrate them to an audience.
- Experience with capital scientific equipment, specifically experience specifying, programming, and related data handling required for large/complex integrated systems is required.
- Must have good written and verbal skills including group presentation experience. Needs to clearly communicate technical and nontechnical concepts in a group setting.
- Management experience is preferred.
- Must be able to travel and have a valid driver's license in their state of residence.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Science preferably Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry is required.
- Must have at least 5 years of applications development experience on complex/large integration laboratory automation platforms.
- Experience taking scientific bench protocols from the bench to the robot is required.