||Product Engineer, New Products
Under the supervision of the APE Director, the Product Engineer provides the Robotics department with technical expertise to support new Hamilton products and to troubleshoot, test, and maintain existing company products. This position supports the refinement and market adoption of new Hamilton products from a product implementation perspective. The Product Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of Hamilton new products pertinent to Custom Solutions Sales and works closely with APE/R&D Engineering, Application Specialists, Technical Project Leaders, Product Managers, ACEs and Sales Managers.
|Essential Job Functions
- As assigned, evaluates pre-sales opportunities for new Hamilton products.
- Maintains effective communication within the project team.
- Acts as a liaison and facilitator between the PM, APE and R&D teams for project related tasks and/or issues.
- Works independently and makes decisions based on extensive experience and knowledge.
- Coordinates implementation activities. The Product Engineer will plan, execute and complete tasks according to strict deadlines.
- Writes automation routines by interpreting customer supplied requirements.
- Ensures adequate documentation and project status reports.
- Will troubleshoot and problem solve written automation routines.
- Provides software and hardware training and support material to customers and co-workers.
- Performs technical and sales demonstrations of Hamilton products.
- Demonstrates advanced programming skills.
- Responsible for management of project records to assure appropriate levels of trace-ability.
- Maintains professional relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Will demonstrate regular and consistent attendance.
- All other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills for writing reports, communicating with team members, and engineering.
- Proven abilities in understanding and application of engineering principles.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good planning and customer skills, and be able to demonstrate them to an audience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Automation oriented, “instant – troubleshooting”, hands-on experience.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. This may require extensive time viewing computer monitors or other screens.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and/or computer science is required. May be substituted by demonstrated applicable experience.
- Project Management experience is required, preferably with experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Experience and/or interest in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or other sciences is a plus.
- Experience with programming and operating automated scientific equipment is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a software development setting strongly recommended.