||Field Applications Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
Provide application and technical support to customers for Hamilton products. Act as a technical liaison between customers and Hamilton Sales team to meet and maintain customer needs. Operate within a designated territory and provide onsite and remote customer support.
|Essential Job Functions
- Develop application-specific protocols on Hamilton products by interpreting procedures provided by the customer or Hamilton Sales team.
- Perform troubleshooting of application protocols and instrumentation.
- Optimize liquid handling performance of instrumentation.
- Provide basic software and hardware training.
- Maintain support for existing customers by providing additional application protocols, training, etc.
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly.
- Document application support work and customer visits within a company database or other required format.
- Work independently, but make decisions with consultation from Hamilton Sales and Management team when necessary to ensure proper customer support.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reports to manager of assigned territory.
- Accountable for regular and consistent attendance.
- All other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have good planning and customer relationship skills.
- Must have good presentation and communication skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as required to interface with customers, vendors and company personal as a service function.
- Must be able to travel nationally and internationally. Requires flexibility in working hours and availability for up to 75% travel.
- Position requires exerting up to 50+ pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects when at a customer site for installation purposes.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers and programming.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
|Education and Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in science, preferably in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or other related sciences.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year laboratory experience.
- Must have experience with laboratory automation or scientific applications.
- Experience programming or operating automated scientific laboratory equipment is desired.
- Experience with programming languages and computer knowledge is desired.