||Field Applications Specialist
Provide application and technical support to customers for Hamilton products. Act as a technical liaison between customers and Hamilton Sales team to meet and maintain customer needs. Operate within a designated territory and provide onsite and remote customer support. Develop advanced application protocols and provide support for complex instrumentation. Provide technical support and training for Hamilton Sales and Applications team.
|Essential Job Functions
- Develop application-specific protocols on Hamilton products by interpreting procedures provided by the customer or Hamilton Sales team.
- Perform troubleshooting of application protocols and instrumentation.
- Optimize liquid handling performance of instrumentation.
- Provide basic and advanced software and hardware training. Develop and deliver training material for Hamilton Sales and Applications team.
- Develop application-specific protocols for complex automated instrumentation, which require integration with third party devices.
- Demonstrate usage of advanced programming skills and software functions to control instrumentation.
- Participate and contribute on instrumentation which requires Factory and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Contribute to company knowledge base.
- Maintain support for existing customers by providing additional application protocols, training, etc.
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly.
- Document application support work and customer visits within a company database or other required format.
- Work independently and make intelligent decisions based on experience and knowledge.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reports to manager of assigned territory.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have good planning and customer relationship skills.
- Must have good presentation and communication skills.
- Must be able to travel nationally and internationally. Requires flexibility in working hours and availability for up to 75% travel.
- Must have good knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision.
- Must have knowledge of software for Hamilton products.
|Education and Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in science, preferably in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or other related sciences.
- Must have 2-4 years of experience in using laboratory automation or scientific applications.
- Experience with programming or operating automated laboratory scientific equipment is required.
- Experience programming complex applications is desired.
- Experience with programming languages and computer knowledge is desired.