We have an immediate opening for the following position: Receiving/Warehouse Specialist. This person will be responsible for general warehouse duties such as receiving, unpacking, checking, labeling and storing merchandise or materials. In this role you will fill requisitions and orders. As a Warehouse Associate, you may operate a forklift or pallet jack (manual or electric). This person will receive all incoming goods and creates receipt travelers along with coordinating all movement of goods from the warehouse by the Material Handlers.
|Essential Job Functions
Job duties include the following:
- Inspects all incoming freight and documents any damage. Notifies Inventory Control Supervisor if damage requires initiation of freight claim.
- Responsible for counting incoming material and verify to packing list receipt.
- Responsible for insuring all outside material, pick-ups and deliveries are done promptly
- Loading and Unloading trucks. Generates Receipt Travelers, verify parts received with vendor packing list, report any receipt discrepancies to Purchasing and/ or Logistics for action.
- Assist with transporting equipment or materials to their appropriate destination.
- Generates Receipt Travelers, verify parts received with vendor packing list, report any receipt discrepancies to Purchasing for action.
- Operates and maintains fork truck, electrical pallet jack, dock plate as required.
- Responsible for matching incoming material to proper purchase order and route accordingly.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have familiarity with shipping and packaging equipment and pallet banding equipment.
- Previous inventory control experience a must.
- Position requires exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise Working knowledge of parts flow and receiving procedures.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Strong organization skills needed to maintain accurate records
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Team player maintaining a professional and respectful attitude with both management and co-workers Ability to meet short deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Prior warehouse and inventory control experience necessary
- Record keeping of received trucks and associated merchandise
|Education and Experience
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check