This position will be responsible for assisting and maintaining income tax processes for the Company’s quarterly and annual reporting cycles, including compilation of federal, state, and local tax accounting and compliance, including work paper and return preparation. This position will assist the Tax Director and the Senior Federal Tax Analysts in researching complex tax issues and identification, analysis of opportunities and in the recommendation and implementation of the appropriate tax treatment and tax accounting. Person will be integral in making recommendations for future improvements for tax efficiency.
|Essential Job Functions
- Analyzing the Company’s tax process and implementing process improvements that promote risk management, streamlining activities, enhancing transparency in tax work streams.
- Responsible for the federal, state and local income tax compliance supporting work papers.
- Familiarity with quarterly and annual income tax provision, account reconciliations, deferred tax analysis and annual return to provision adjustments and intercompany settlements.
- Aides consultant in the preparation of the Company’s 1120’s including account analysis and actual results impacting the Company’s returns.
- Develops and maintains key controls for the tax reporting process.
- Responsible for assisting with researching complex GAAP and tax pronouncements, as well as research and review of applicable Internal Revenue Code and Regulations.
- Draws conclusions and presents tax recommendations on decisions and actions based upon analysis.
- Prepares and files information returns with the federal and state tax authorities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Takes lead role in special projects with complex tasks as assigned to the department.
- Researches tax best practices in the industry.
- Performs a variety of complex tasks and special projects relating to tax and various other financial issues.
|Education and Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and a minimum of 3 years in tax accounting and return preparation and/or operational reporting is a requirement.
- Experience with interpreting FASB Accounting Standards, proficient with Microsoft Office products and excellent problem solving and analytic skills.Proven ability to set and accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- A JD and/or master’s degree in Taxation or CPA preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements listed above.