We are currently accepting applications for the Senior Planner position.
|Essential Job Functions
Under the direction of the Planning Department, the Senior Planner will be responsible for the execution of production scheduling and the development of control measures to prevent shortages for assigned projects. Analyze MRP/MPS requirements to generate and manage Work Orders for manufacturing demands. Determine quantities and timing of materials to control inventory flow to the manufacturing floor and ensure continuity of supply in executing production schedules. Generate and maintain forecast/demand for MRP.
- Coordinate production material activities in the machine shop for manufacturing products. This involves the creation and execution of work orders in order to maintain production schedule.
- Maintain forecast/demand for MRP as determined by S&OP and customer forecasts.
- Review MRP reports to provide accurate and timely resolution of material shortages.
- Resolve any late work orders and define schedule recovery. Daily review of work order status and update of work order due dates is required.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action on engineering change notices.
- Manage the engineering development order process (EDO) for engineering requests of production assemblies or systems that have minor deviations to the released production design. This excludes prototypes or verification builds.
- Manage effective dates as defined by ECO release. And work on new product release working closely with R&D Engineering.
- Participate in project teams (Project Review, Product Launch, Cost Analysis, etc)
- Develop and document policies and procedures as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years in Supply Chain Management or in a related field.
- APICS and CPM certifications recommended.
- Hands on experience with MRP processes and computer system.
- Machine shop operations planning experience.
- Understanding and ability to read part drawings.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamix AX a plus.
- Query writing in Excel or Access using relational databases
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills are a must.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent required.