||Senior Mechanical Engineer
Hamilton Company is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer that will perform research, design, development and testing of electro-mechanical products for laboratory use. This position will work with motor specifications, mechanism design and Robotics. Will work with other department engineers to design, develop, test and otherwise implement company products.
|Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for planning and performing design development tasks from concept to implementation.
- Responsible for studying and evaluating disciplinary or interdisciplinary aspects of new product or design concepts, including all necessary functions leading to presentation and recommendation of possible solutions.
- Plan and direct testing necessary to assure adequate performance of designs for all stages of design and development, or complexity.
- Provides technical advice and particular expertise to department personnel.
- Responsible for the timely completion and adequacy of the assigned development task for performance and compliance with standards.
- Responsible for the adequate documentation of the performed task including description, specification, testing and implementation.
- Responsible for the clear presentation of developments or designs at design reviews.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and assistance to lower level department personnel.
- Responsible for independently taking control and completing assigned major sections of a new product development effort.
- Responsible for troubleshooting production floor problems and completing design changes, as a result of investigation.
- Experience designing and developing products that are used in the precision fluid handling and measurement industry a plus.
- Experience in motor tuning and sizing; Robotics; Machine to operation and electro-mechanical device design are preferred.
- Strong understanding of fluid mechanics.
- Experience with product support, production support, engineering change orders, manufacturing process instructions, and ISO 9001 Quality system.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as CNC machining, injection molding of plastics, and GDT.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi discipline design development engineering team environment.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Mechanism design.
- Experience with 3D Pro-E CAD or SolidWorks.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills for writing reports, interfacing with manufacturing, engineering, etc. and be computer literate.
- Pronounced abilities in understanding and application of engineering sciences such as mathematics, physics, engineering statistics, etc.
- Position requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Technical education in the particular discipline, B.S. degree required.