The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer requires a highly qualified individual to plan, design, optimize, and supervise manufacturing processes. Senior Manufacturing Engineers are experts in manufacturing processes as well as creative and analytical thinkers and designers.
Under the supervision of the Mfg. Engineer Group Leader or Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer provides the department with advanced technical expertise to develop practical solutions for manufacture, testing, or improvement of company products.
In addition to the responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer, the Senior Mfg. Engineer is also required to perform the following:
|Essential Job Functions
- Independently analyze production processes and equipment for improvement opportunities utilizing their expertise in the engineering discipline. Develop project proposals and execute the project to completion.
- Developed and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments.
- Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Consult with vendors to determine product specifications of equipment, parts, or raw materials and evaluate products according to quality standards and specifications.
- Estimating staffing requirements and production times for operational decisions.
- Work closely with the Production Supervisors to develop, coordinate, and implement employee training.
- Support company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, FDA regulations, and good manufacturing practices.
- Handle Customer Complaints and failure reports.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing and systems processes.
- Ability to learn, adopt, and implement new technology quickly.
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or similar from an accredited college.
- Master's Degree in business or related engineering field is a plus.
- Seven plus years' experience in the design and development of manufacturing-related process and/or equipment.