||Sr. Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing the department with technical expertise to design, develop, test, and implement product components. Responsibilities include:
|Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for planning and performing design development tasks from concept to implementation.
- Responsible for studying and evaluating disciplinary or interdisciplinary aspects of new product or design concepts, including all necessary functions leading to presentation and recommendation of possible solutions.
- Plan and direct testing necessary to assure adequate performance of designs for all stages of design and development, or complexity.
- Provides technical advice and particular expertise to department personnel.
- Responsible for the timely completion and adequacy of the assigned development task for performance and compliance with standards.
- Responsible for the adequate documentation of the performed task including description, specification, testing and implementation.
- Responsible for the clear presentation of developments or designs at design reviews.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and assistance to lower level department personnel.
- Responsible for independently taking control and completing assigned major sections of a new product development effort.
- Responsible for troubleshooting production floor problems and completing design changes, as a result of investigation.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience of Analog & digital circuit design.
- Knowledge and experience of Control systems and motor drive design.
- Working knowledge of LTSpice, OrCAD, VHDL. Experience designing to FCC Class B standards.
- Must be able to direct board layout designers to produce FCC Class B compliant designs.
- Support other departments, troubleshoot circuit boards.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills for writing reports, interfacing with manufacturing, engineering, etc and be computer literate.
- Pronounced abilities in understanding and application of engineering sciences such as mathematics, physics, engineering statistics, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word.
|Education and Experience
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Design experience with CPLDs, FPGAs, M3 microcontrollers, Optical Encoders, Hall-effect current sensors, MOSFETs, Op Amps, ESD & overcurrent protection, DC-DC switching power supplies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the design and development of discipline product components.