||Sr. Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing the department with technical expertise to design, develop, test, and implement product components. The Sr. Engineer will work under the direction of the Project Team Lead to provide.
|Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for planning and performing design development tasks from concept to implementation.
- Responsible for studying and evaluating disciplinary or interdisciplinary aspects of new product or design concepts, including all necessary functions leading to presentation and recommendation of possible solutions.
- Plan and direct testing necessary to assure adequate performance of designs for all stages of design and development, or complexity.
- Provides technical advice and particular expertise to department personnel.
- Responsible for the timely completion and adequacy of the assigned development task for performance and compliance with standards.
- Responsible for the adequate documentation of the performed task including description, specification, testing and implementation.
- Responsible for the clear presentation of developments or designs at design reviews.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and assistance to lower level department personnel.
- Responsible for independently taking control and completing assigned major sections of a new product development effort.
- Responsible for troubleshooting production floor problems and completing design changes, as a result of investigation.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analog & digital circuit design.
- Control systems and motor drive design.
- Design experience with CPLDs, FPGAs, M3 microcontrollers, Optical Encoders, Hall-effect current sensors, MOSFETs, Op Amps, ESD & overcurrent protection, DC-DC switching power supplies.
- Working knowledge of LTSpice, OrCAD, VHDL. Experience designing to FCC Class B standards.
- Must be able to direct board layout designers to produce FCC Class B compliant designs.
- Support other departments, troubleshoot circuit boards
|Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the design and development of discipline product components.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills for writing reports, interfacing with manufacturing, engineering, etc and be computer literate.
- Pronounced abilities in understanding and application of engineering sciences such as mathematics, physics, engineering statistics, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word