||Product Support Specialist – Chromatography
The Product Support specialist is in charge of day to day management of Hamilton's HPLC columns and Chromatography syringe product lines. Responsibilities include support and training of the Hamilton distribution network and end-users to proactively generate sales through the dissemination of product focused technical information.
|Essential Job Functions
- Technical Support- troubleshoot HPLC column, Chromatography Syringes, and other Chromatography related questions that are submitted via the website or phone.
- Able to differentiate column versus instrument issues based on chromatograms and customers' analytical run conditions (i.e. sample prep problems, mobile phase preparation, pump problems, detection issues, etc.).
- Assist in the development of application notes, datasheets, technical notes, and white papers.
- Gain understanding of production procedures of HPLC columns and accessories and streamline the different processes.
- Available to travel to support sales activities via training and lead generation opportunities (5-6 trips/year).
- Attend selected tradeshows.
- Create new literature under the direction of the Market Segment Manager.
- Update and edit current catalogs and literature (maintain a list of errors or changes to be implemented prior to the next printing).
- Update and edit current promotions.
- Create sales reports to track sales efforts and trends in the market.
- Work with chromatography suppliers on supply chain issues when necessary.
- Host WebEx seminars to train distribution partners, end-users, and internal personnel.
- NCR, RMA, and CPR support.
- Manage product stocking issues.
- Coordinate ECO release.
- Create User Manuals.
- Drafting and Correcting Manuals.
- Manage product obsolescence.
- Work with Market Segment Managers to maintain current pricing.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the website content for assigned products through the CMS.
- Propose new product ideas to the Market Segment Managers based on technical support calls.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have knowledge of the Chromatography field and have hands on experience with HPLC and GC instrumentation.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift approximately 30 pounds.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related science field.
- Experience with chromatography equipment.