||Product Assurance Test Engineer
Responsible for assurance of quality of software and of processes used in the development of software by providing technical expertise in testing, test planning, and software QA processes including defect monitoring and reporting.
|Essential Job Functions
- Write and assist in development of test plans, including those for module testing, unit testing, reliability testing, and regression testing.
- Test software releases at various developmental stages throughout product development.
- Development of test processes.
- Report test results and enter problems and issues into appropriate databases.
- Configure necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Provide technical expertise, including implementation as appropriate, on operating systems, monitoring systems, continual improvement processes, specialized environments, and products.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required for the QA Department.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in Software Quality Assurance, including testing methodologies and defect monitoring and reporting processes.
- Knowledgeable in development and usage of equipment such as medical and analytical instrumentation.
- Independent, self-motivated, and able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related degree.