Under the supervision of the Molding Technology Manager, the process specialist provides the department with technical expertise as may be needed to injection mold plastics and maintain associated molding equipment.
|Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for setting up and running all molding machines and associated equipment.
- Responsible for studying and adjusting the molding process to optimize performance.
- Plan and direct mold tool changes and planned maintenance of tooling. Ensuring that accurate records are kept of work completed.
- Responsible for the timely completion and adequacy assigned tasks for performance and compliance with standards.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the cleanroom to meet the standards and Hamilton Company procedures.
- Responsible for periodic air sampling in compliance of ISO 14.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills for writing reports, interfacing with manufacturing, engineering, etc.
- Pronounced abilities in understanding and application of engineering sciences such as mathematics, physics, etc.
- Position requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
|Education and Experience
- Technical education in the particular discipline, Associates degree preferable, may be substituted by demonstrated applicable experience.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in the running of mold tools and associated equipment.
- Additional expertise within the disciplinary field may be required.