||OEM Sales Manager
This position is responsible for managing existing OEM accounts as well as cultivating new sales opportunities across the United States. The primary focus products are syringe products, pipetting channels, syringes, and valves. Close interaction with R&D, and Manufacturing Engineering for customized parts and production.
|Essential Job Functions
- Manage the sales opportunities in a defined sales territory.
- Take responsibility for developing a sales plan to grow business in the territory.
- Communicate the sales plan to corporate and ensure it parallels current Hamilton Company goals.
- Function as the main contact for all OEM accounts.
- Provide the first line of support for any and all customer needs related to Hamilton Company.
- Manage and coordinate support with in-house R&D, Product Support and Market Segment Managers.
- Prepare quotations for new products or new customers.
- Coordinate with Customer Service to ensure proper distribution of price lists in October.
- Plan efficient trips to visit several customers at a time.
- Identify new product opportunities that are within Hamilton's core competency and will sell in high volume through our distribution channels or OEM customers. Relay this information to the Market Segment Managers.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, regional seminars, and other company functions as required.
- Understand and analyze product costs for developing volume discounts and setting customer pricing for the next fiscal year.
- Follow-up or coordinate follow-up on leads generated by corporate in the territory.
- Knowledge of the clinical, diagnostics, and process automation industries.
- Familiarity with selling mechanical devices that communicates via electrical standards like TCP/IP, CAN, RS-232, and RS-485
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to complete tasks from the road.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a comparable engineering degree, chemistry, or biochemistry.
- 5 + years of sales experience in a related field.
- Territory management experience.
- Experience selling into the clinical diagnostic and process automation industries.