||OEM Sales Manager
Responsible for promoting and managing Hamilton Company OEM/IVD automated liquid handling instrument sales to key OEM/IVD clients. Must aim to achieve current year company forecast sales goals as well as cultivate long term business relationships based on key account sales orders and OEM contracts which might take 2-3 years to mature and contribute to company long term sales over a period of 3-10 years or more. Must be well-experience working with large accounts and technically adept in order to promote and demonstrate the instruments in a customer’s laboratory as well as perform follow up when necessary.
|Essential Job Functions
- Sales of the Hamilton automated liquid handling instruments and the promotion of Hamilton’s solutions over competing alternatives being considered by key accounts.
- Manage deployment of company resources to assist clients with development and validation of the hardware and software portions of the liquid handling system solution being sold.
- Understand the IVD market applications and automation needs along with the key player in the market.
- Seek out new sales opportunities by following up on leads, networking, attending trade shows, researching prospective clients, and cold calling.
- Cultivate long-term business relationships with large client account management teams.
- Discover new projects at the early stage of development with key accounts.
- Work well with Engineering and Manufacturing functions to develop product functionality specifically needed to win the OEM sales.
- Seek out and manage third party solutions and components to be sold with the liquid handling system.
- Write instrument sales quotations and make pricing recommendations.
- Coordinate demonstrations, applications development, and support.
- Prepare, negotiate, and conclude long term OEM sales and service contracts.
- Understand and analyze product costs for developing volume discount schedules.
- Attend and participate in trade shows, regional seminars, and other company functions as required.
- Follow up on post sale issues and make sure various company functions respond to customer needs
- Assist in the definition and development of new products for the OEM/IVD market.
- All other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Present and demonstrate robotic instruments and software to prospective customers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills required to interface with other departments, customers, vendors and company personnel.
- Must have or develop a good working knowledge of office computer applications including MS Office, Outlook, as well as the company’s CRM and quote configurators.
- Must have an appreciation of method writing for computer controlled hardware.
- Must have good planning skills.
- Must be able to travel internationally, and have a valid driver’s license in their state of residence.
|Education and Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in science, preferably in chemistry, biology, clinical chemistry or engineering.
- Must have 10 years relevant sales and /or marketing experience.
- Sales experience should include capital laboratory equipment and experience in OEM sales.