Mold Repair Technician
The Mold Repair Technician is responsible for the proper upkeep of all plastic molds that are used in the clean room.
|Essential Job Functions
- Inspect and measure core pins. Polish, if needed.
- Measure tip of core pin and install proper bushing for tip size.
- Inspect bubbler tubes and all coolant system flow.
- Check gates and runners for wear.
- Check star tips on Smartscope for size.
- Make sure all debris is clear of mold cavities and leader pins.
- Check cartridge heater for degraded resistance.
- Pull and clean clusters.
- Clean hot drops.
- Clean distribution tubes.
- Inspect last shot for flash.
- Perform all other duties assigned to him to insure the proper upkeep and maintenance of all plastic injection molds.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be capable of applying considerable ingenuity in building specialized tools.
- Quality and volume of machining must match the needs of a flexible and customer responsive production department.
- Must be able to operate all machinery associated with tool fabrication and give advice/assistance to tool designers.
- Position requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
|Education and Experience
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Some technical education is a plus.
- Good knowledge of modern tooling and techniques.
- Good knowledge of CAD designing.