This job is for a Mechanical Engineer in the Syringe and Valve R & D group for the laboratory industry. The primary job function is to design and develop new syringes and valves for customer’s applications. Research and Develop new ways to improve products through cutting edge materials, design engineering and testing. Hamilton Company continually strives to improve their products. The engineer must be a creative, analytical thinker, and hands on individual.
|Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for creating prototype syringe & valve assemblies for custom applications.
- Interfacing with customers to determine the best syringe or valve solution for their application.
- Responsible for taking projects from concept thru design to manufacturing for production release.
- Use and knowledge of various Engineering materials for innovative designs. Knowledge of fluoropolymers a plus.
- Product support, production support, engineering change orders, manufacturing process instructions, and ISO 9001 Quality system.
- Responsible for independently taking control and completing assigned major projects.
- Responsible for creating custom syringes for OEM managers to solve complex problems.
- Plan and direct testing necessary to assure adequate performance of designs for all stages of design and development, or complexity.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as CNC machining, injection molding of plastics, and GDT.
- Ability to work with hands for assembly and operate machinery
- Able to interface with multiple company departments.
- Pronounced abilities in understanding and application of Engineering Sciences such as mathematics, physics, engineering statistics, etc.
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates good written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
|Education and Experience
- BSME required.
- 5 plus years of experience in a Design role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with 3D Pro-E CAD/CREO or SolidWorks and production of engineering drawings for custom parts.