Hamilton Company is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for our Research & Development Team. As a team member of the R&D group you will work on designing and implementing custom mechanical and electromechanical products and sub-systems for Hamilton Laboratory automation equipment. This position requires Product Development experience, knowledge of process capability, materials knowledge, troubleshooting aptitude, and understanding of fluidics. Data acquisition experience and the ability to use Machine tools.
|Essential Job Functions
- Testing and documentation as required.
- Work directly with other engineers to design and develop quality products.
- Product designs and design layouts are developed from ideas, sketches and verbal instruction. Take product design from concept to production.
- Responsible for timely, efficient, and quality execution of the assigned tasks
- Create finished drawings of parts and assemblies.
- Execution of ECO (Engineering Change Order) documentation changes
- Work with vendors, manufacturing, and engineering to procure parts and build models.
- Develop schedules and time estimates for product design and modification.
- Write project reports such as project status reports.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills for writing reports, interfacing with vendors, manufacturing, engineering, etc.
- General knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and their application.
- Ability to inspect parts using applicable measuring devices, Micrometers, Calipers, Optical comparator, etc.
- Must demonstrate designs which show application of DFM principles
- All other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Pro-E/Wildfire or Solid works a must.
- Experience doing design layouts and tolerance studies.
- Must have demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Experienced in the fundamentals and application of ASME Y14.5 drafting and geometric tolerance standards.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as required to interface with other departments and company personnel in a service function.
|Education and Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Medical or Scientific industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated Hands-on Mechanical experience preferred
- 3 + years of experience preferred.