||Manufacturing Engineer - Machine Shop
The job of the Manufacturing Engineer is to plan, design, and optimize manufacturing processes. Manufacturing Engineers are creative and analytical thinkers and designers of processes, tools, and procedures.
Under the supervision of the Machine Shop Superintendent, the Manufacturing Engineer provides technical expertise to develop practical solutions for manufacture, testing, or improvement of company products.
|Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for planning and executing production improvement projects from concept to implementation, including component design and system design review.
- Responsible for analysis of new products or design concepts for manufacturability and presentation of the analysis with recommendations and possible solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining assembly documentation and production routings.
- Plan and execute testing to assure adequate performance of assembly processes and tooling.
- Responsible for compliance of manufacturing processes to performance, regulatory, and safety standards.
- Responsible for documenting performed tasks including project descriptions, technical specifications, testing data and implementation notes.
- Responsible for the clear presentation of manufacturing-related designs or processes at design review meetings.
- Responsible for the validation of new equipment and procedures to be used in manufacturing.
- Responsible for troubleshooting production floor issues and implementing corrective actions. This may include tooling or fixture design changes or collaboration with R&D on product design changes.
- Responsible for training manufacturing operators on new or revised manufacturing process instructions or tooling.
- Demonstrate competency with the company’s internal systems (ECO’s, IS, MRP and CAD software etc.).
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimal to five years of experience and knowledge of manufacturing and systems processes.
- Ability to learn, adopt, and implement new technology quickly.
- Ability to prioritize 2-3 projects.
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive attitude.
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills while developing skills as an expert listener and applying these skills in daily practice.
- Learn and demonstrate leadership skills, including mentoring, informal training, leading by example, and team building.
- Learn and analyze production processes and equipment for improvement opportunities utilizing their expertise in the engineering discipline. Develop project proposals and execute the project to completion.
- Knowledge of validation steps (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Knowledge of Pro-E, SolidWorks, and/or AutoCAD.
- Skilled in print reading and geometric dimensioning & tolerance
|Education and Experience
- Technical education in the particular engineering discipline. Four years minimum experience in the design and development of manufacturing-related process and/or equipment.
- BS in Engineering required.
- Additional expertise within the specific manufacturing discipline may be required.
- Math oriented and preferably with some knowledge of machining and fixturing.
- Must have previous machine shop experience