||Inventory Control Specialist
Under the immediate supervision of the Inventory Control Supervisor, the Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for the accurate routing of incoming parts from Purchase Orders, finished Shop Orders and parts returned from the floor. Review daily reports to control correct part movement and provide required parts to shipping for Sales Order requirements.
|Essential Job Functions
- Kit Work Orders as scheduled by Production Control.
- Stage Work Orders waiting for incoming parts. Place kitted work orders in proper routing area for pick-up and movement by Material Handlers.
- Assist the leadperson in the investigation of inventory discrepancies and correct accordingly.
- Verify entries on the Material Move Sheet to insure correctness of entries.
- Assist the leadperson in rectifying Shop Order discrepancies.
- Produce labels and label incoming goods as required by manufacturing prints or department procedures.
- Daily participation in cycle count requests to insure inventory accuracy.
- Verify all parts received on Return to Stock forms for validity and accuracy.
- Maintains inventory as required by production schedules, and/ or customer orders.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of service, suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Investigate shortages of other items found during work order kitting or shipping functions.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have working knowledge of products and shop order flow.
- Must have knowledge of stocking product using FIFO methods.
- Must have a firm understanding of MRP II
- Must be computer literate.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have general knowledge of warehouse procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a multitasking environment.
- Able to work constructively under pressure.
- Able to perform detailed work with numerical data.
- Must have general knowledge of warehouse procedures
- Position requires exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
|Education and Experience
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- College a definite plus (2 years).
- 2 years minimum experience in Stock Room, Order Pulling and Shipping Experience.
- Shipping and Warehouse experience with use of UPS and FEDEX.
- Current Certification in Stand Up Pallet Rider, High-Reach Forklift, and Pallet Jack.