||Firmware Engineering Manager
Under the Supervision of the Director of Software, the Firmware Engineering Manager provides the department with the technical discipline expertise needed for the design of high quality products. Leads a small R&D firmware engineering group.
|Essential Job Functions
- Manages firmware engineering activities within the organization.
- Maintain and monitor project status of your direct reports relative to project assignments.
- Working with Design, Mechanical, Software, Firmware, and
- Applications Engineering to fully specify their product requirements, promote design approach, and participate in design reviews.
- Plan and maintain product development schedule with a team of firmware engineers.
- Implements and maintains policies and procedures for designing, testing, installing, and maintaining systems.
- Reviews and approves new or revised testing or installation procedures.
- Develop firmware for robotic control including motor control, sensor reading and distributed communications.
- Assist in the development of project schedules and manpower requirements.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in managing engineers.
- Experience in allocating resources to meet critical deadlines.
- Experience in conceptualizing system architectures and writing appropriate specifications.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a group, and to form collaborative relationships with other internal organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in instrumentation design or the life science industry a plus.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years design experience in high performance firmware design.
- 5+ years of technical management in software or firmware engineering