As a Financial Analyst with Hamilton Company you play a vital role within the Finance Department. This position will help with developing, documenting, implementing, monitoring and updating best practices, process improvements and procedures for Hamilton Company.
|Essential Job Functions
- Develop, monitor, evaluate and update KPIs, Executive Dashboards and financial & operational metrics.
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget, perform quarterly budget-to-actual reviews and draft reports to CEO/CFO.
- Participate in the monthly financial statement review process; identify, investigate and communicate findings and recommendations for corrective measures to FP&A Manager and CFO.
- Calculate return on investment (ROI), net present value (NPV) and other quantitative and qualitative metrics with respect to proposed strategic and operational initiatives.
- Support business units and manufacturing by providing value-added analytics, reports and recommendations.
- Assist with the design, implementation and utilization of a data warehouse.
- Perform a variety of ad-hoc projects as directed by the FP&A Manager
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced Budgeting and Cost Analysis knowledge
- Strong Business Intelligence
- Proven experience in building strong financial models with mastery in Excel, PowerPoint, Access, databases, etc.
- Strong critical thinking skills with a healthy skepticism and the confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Organizational tolerance, able to work effectively in an environment of ambiguity and constant change, strong sense of urgency and ability to weigh costs/benefits, opportunity costs and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
|Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration with concentration in Accounting/Finance; MBA/CMA preferred
- One to Three years FP&A or similar experience with a mid-size ($100M - $500M) multinational manufacturing company or audit experience with a Big Four/National firm working with multinational manufacturing clients.
- Database/SQL experience