This position works within our clean room environment monitoring our plastic injection molding machines and associated automation. A background in running automation machines, in line process controls, maintenance and/or repair would make for a strong candidate.
|Essential Job Functions
- Operate automated manufacturing equipment while monitoring automation for potential failures or out of control conditions.
- Check meters and gauges to verify that machines work properly and analyze the results to ensure they meet company standards.
- Troubleshoot problems and perform repairs when machines develop problems, preferably while processes continue to run.
- Prepare reports for managers and recommend upgrades or changes to processes.
- Responsible for the timely completion and adequacy assigned tasks for performance and compliance with standards.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the cleanroom to meet the standards and Hamilton Company procedures.
- Responsible for periodic air sampling in compliance of ISO 14.
- Accountable for regular and consistent attendance.
- All other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to think critically and be detail-oriented to solve problems and follow complex instructions.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure to quickly resolve equipment issues with minimal down time.
- Must be comfortable using computers and applications necessary to perform the job.
- Possess strong Interpersonal and communication skills for writing reports, interfacing with manufacturing, engineering, etc.
- Position requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
|Education and Experience
- High School diploma/GED is required.
- Additional schooling (AA, certification or technical school) preferred.
- 3+ years of Experience in the fields of: Automation Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Electronics, Molding, Process Technician.
- Additional expertise within the disciplinary field may be required.