||Accounts Payable Clerk
We are currently accepting applications for the Accounts Payable Clerk position.
|Essential Job Functions
- Daily processing of A/P vouchers and weekly payments to vendors.
- Bi-weekly review of A/P reports (including A/P Aging and un-invoiced receipts) with subsequent follow up of all open items.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the General Ledger, batch postings/processing, and accounting for inventory/expense transactions.
- Maintenance of all A/P files, including archiving, shredding and the set-up of new vendor accounts.
- Assist with compiling/preparing Form 1099, including the collection of W-9's and the tracking of Form 1099 payments to vendors.
- Ensure that all invoices have been properly authorized for payment.
- Perform periodic audits of freight bills (in accordance with specific money limits).
- Review all vendor statements for unpaid invoices or open credit balances and follow up accordingly.
- Special projects as may be required or assigned
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have an accounting background, including understanding of inventory and expense transactions, and Sales & Use Tax and form 1099 reporting compliance issues.
- High degree of computer literacy including experience with integrated accounts payable systems, plus a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of financial data and results.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as required to interface with other departments and company personnel in a service function
|Education and Experience
- High School degree or equivalent. Prefer an Associates or BS degree.
- 3 plus years of industry experience, preferably with a manufacturing company