||Accounting Specialist - A/R - Cash
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager the Accounts Specialist I will be responsible for Accounts Receivable, Collections, and cash monitoring functions to include:
|Essential Job Functions
- Accounts Receivable cash collection and application, credit review and customer account monitoring.
- Accounts Receivable system balancing, month end close and interface to general ledger.
- Preparation of DSO calculations and projected DSO's.
- Maintenance of cash monitoring spreadsheets, daily bank reporting, miscellaneous cash receipts.
- Bank account reconciliations, cash control balancing.
- Preparation of journal entries related to Accounts Receivable and cash.
- Account analysis.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong Accounts Receivable and collection skills, including previous experience with integrated general ledger systems.
- High degree of computer literacy including the ability to design Excel models.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of financial data and results.
- The ability to work harmoniously within the Finance Department and with multiple departments within the company.
|Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Prefer an Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1+ years of experience preferably within the manufacturing industry